Samsung Galaxy S3 users can install the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on their smartphone and this has made possible by a well-known XDA developer. This good news has made the S3 users to search for the installation process on various search engines.
With the success of the RootBox ROM v3.8, the latest Root Box ROM v3.9.1 has also been released, which is claimed by the XDA developer that it is a stable release.
The RootBox v3.9.1 offers a host of new, amazing features and fixes bug, memory leak and random reboot issues which were found in the previous version.
Points to remember:
- The below instructions are applicable only for the Galaxy S3 mobile phones with GT-I9300 model number. If one tries on any other handset, the device will get damaged.
- Read through the instructions carefully.
- Back-up all the data of your smartphone that you want to.
- The phone should be unlocked.
- Ensure that it is almost fully charged.
- These instructions are just guidance and don’t carry any warranty related to damage issues.
- Install USB drivers on your computer properly.
- Ensure that USB debugging mode is enabled on your handset.
- The handset must be rooted with ClockWorkMod (CWM) installed on it.
- Download Android 4.2.2 RootBox v3.9.1 Jelly Bean ROM to your computer.
- Download Google Apps package.
- Connect Samsung Galaxy S3 to the computer via USB cable.
- Use the storage to set it as default. Now, copy the downloaded Android 4.2.2 zip file and Google Apps zip to the SD card. However, do not extract any files.
- Now disconnect you phone from the USB cable after switching off your phone.
- Now press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together to switch on your device until it boots into Recovery mode. (You have to use the Volume buttons in order to scroll between the options. Also, use Power button to select)
- Now, perform a Nandroid backup of the existing ROM in the Recovery mode.
- Select ‘Backup and Restore’ and select ‘backup’ again on the next screen to perform the Nandroid backup. Once the back-up is complete, return to main recovery menu.
- Now in order to avoid a clash between the new ROM and the previous one, perform a data wiping. To do this:
- Select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’.
- To confirm the action, select the ‘Yes’ option.
- Now wait till the data wiping gets completed. After the completion of the wiping cache partition process, select ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’ under ‘Advanced’ option. After this, return to recovery menu.
- Scroll down and select the ‘install zip from SD card’. Then select ‘choose zip from SD card’.
- Navigate to RootBox Jelly Bean ROM that you copied to the SD card and then select it. Confirm the installation by selecting Yes > Install. Now the procedure will start.
- After the installation, select ‘Go Back’ option and reboot your handset by selecting the option ‘reboot system now’ from the recovery menu. Wait for 5 minutes to complete the process.
Now you have installed the Android 4.2.2 RootBox ROM v3.9.1 on your phone successfully. You can verify it by going to Settings >About Phone.
This guest article has been composed by Christy Root who works for PrePayMania and is a Professional writer, who writes Guest Articles, Press Releases for Mobile Phones. She loves to update herself with different mobile technologies.